"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What a week!!!! 

First and foremost we had a baptism!!! Leticia was baptized on Saturday with Danny Perez and it was the most wonderful day ever. The Spirit was so strong during the whole thing. Leticia's mom is a Recent Convert also and bore her testimony, it was so tender. And Dannys mom who is also a recent convert said the opening prayer.  I could really feel the mothers love during the whole service. It was wonderful. The Gospel is for everyone, but in families it is so sweet. And we definitely saw that this week. The only funny part was how they were baptized. Dannys dad baptized them both and it was his first time. Danny went first and for some reason he squatted instead of leaning back and his dad kept his patting the top of his head to get him under the water. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. One of the witnesses just started busting up laughing, but the spirit was still there so it was okay. Man I wish I had a video it was like he was a dinosaur going back into his egg. I can't even explain. Then Leticia had to be baptized 4 times because he couldn't remember her full name. It was so funny but wonderful. A great day.

We have been having a lot of rain here which is really tough in the spanish program because Latino's think they are going to melt if they get hit by a drop of water, so they won't go outside and they won't let us inside because we are wet. So it was kind of a bummer but its ok! We kept going and had fun being really wet. 

This week I have had a lot of really neat experiences. On Friday I was super discouraged and frustrated because no one was letting us in we were super behind in our goals, and i have been feeling very discontented. Then we went to my favorite families house for dinner, the Mendez's. Man I love them SO much. SOOOO much. Anyways, her house was a disaster she looked so stressed and so Hma Arias and I just started cleaning for her. She was cleaning the dishes and I was cleaning the floors. As I was on my hands and knees I just felt the Spirit so strong I almost started to cry. For a minute I felt what Christ felt when he washed the feet of his Apostles. It was humbling to realize that I had my focus all wrong for the past few weeks. I really need to just serve other people, because that is exactly what the Savior would do if he was serving here. He wouldn't be on the phone waiting to hear everyones numbers on Sunday night, he wouldn't be with us contacting at target to just hit our goals for the week, he would be on his hands and knees with me washing the floor of a sweet sister who just was about to lose it. It really hit me how important it is to SERVE. we serve missions. its not about numbers or being the best. sometimes i get turned around, but I am grateful that the Lord will always redirect us when we get a little lost. 

I love this work! I really do. This is the greatest thing we can ever do with our lives. I love to be able to be a Servant of the Lord. Those moments when we come home so tired we can barely plan with our eyes open are some of the sweetest memories I will have of my mission. I really look forward to life after the mission being able to implement the things I have learned here to real life, but I still have so much to learn. Everyday is an adventure and it is wonderful. This is the work of the Lord!! 

Love you all to the moon and back
Hermana Fischetti 



No comments:

Post a Comment