"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Monday, December 2, 2013

Live in Thanksgiving Daily

Wow it has been an incredible week! No better time to be on a mission than the holidays. I feel so blessed! It has been just wonderful here. We have had a lot of miracles this week and I am so excited to see some new work in this area. It is sad to see everything and know I am leaving probably next week- but it is also awesome. 

The day before thanksgiving we ate with the Sharps for thanksgiving dinner. It was a blast and so yummy. But their neighbors came who are from Alaska and usually don't leave the house. So they were hysterical. We were going around the table and someone was sharing something really touching and all the sudden the grandma passed gas SO LOUD. it was unbearable. I lost it I was laughing so hard, luckily so was everyone else but I thought I was going to die I was laughing so hard. I couldn't stop the rest of the night. Then it is her turn to say what they are grateful for. Mind you, she is a nonmember. She starts out "I am grateful today for Brigham Young." We were like what the heck??? Then she goes on to tell that Brigham Young rescued her family in a snow storm when they were going west and because of him her grandpa lived. It was so funny because it was so random but also really cool. Her dad forced them all to read the Book of Mormon as kids to show gratitude for what mormons had done for their family. She doesn't want to be a Mormon she said but she does love them. So that was very entertaining. It was just a really fun night. 

Then on thanksgiving we had thanksgiving lunch with tiffany at the country club iT WAS SOOO DELICIOUS oh my gosh prime rib for thanksgiving?! i would have never guessed thats what i would eat on my mission! so that was awesome. we stopped by some members and then went to Sister Stainbrooks. I love them! They are like my family here :( I am sad to leave them but they are leaving too because sister stainbrook is moving to Lincoln CA. I guess change is important.

We have a new baptismal date with my new 9 year old best friend Jonathan. He is awesome. Also on Saturday the Dominguezs and Roque are going through the temple!!!! We are so excited and President Watkins gave us permission to go! So hopefully we can arrange the details and we can go. I love missionary work! The holidays are the best! 

If you haven't seen it yet you have to check out mormon newsroom and you will see me!! 

Thank you mom SO MUCH SO SO MUCH for the packages! They were AWESOME. The talks were phenomenal ive loved studying them and also everything was awesome. sheesh i am so spoiled! thank you so so much! being a missionary at the holidays is good too because you get lots of mail! haha 

so I will most likely be leaving Monterey next tuesday so don't send anything there if it won't get there before then. either you can send it to the mission home or wait for my new address in 2 weeks.  

Have an awesome week! I love you all!
Hermana Fischetti


No comments:

Post a Comment