"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Monday, July 28, 2014

Hey family!

Our biggest miracle this week came from our new service project. Every year several churches in livermore and buy 500-800 backpacks for children who can't afford them for the fall. It is an AWESOME project. And we were asked to do make all the phone calls for spanish families in livermore. Do you know what that means? We have the phone numbers of like 60% of the spanish population here. It is incredible. We have already found 2 new family investigators from it and many more potentials. It has been lifechanging. The best part too is that its 105 degrees here and we get to sit in the a/c and make phone calls and teach people. Life changing. We feel SO blessed everyday we just like cry with joy when we get to do it. Another huge miracle happened yesterday after church. We had an appointment with a new investigator that we met at Subway on Thursday. He had light shining out of his eyes and we know he is prepared. We went to teach him but he didn't answer the door. As we walked down the steps we started talking to his neighbor Rosa. At first she was so closed off and then we showed her the BOM and all the sudden she just opened up and was like I have always wondered what that book is- it gives me so much curiousity. I can't wait to keep teaching her. Then as we were teaching her Oscar the subway guy came and found us and he was like I want you to teach my whole family but they aren't home can you come back on wednesday! It was crazy. So many miracles. The Lord is just abundantly pouring down blessings on us.

Funny thing: we taught a lesson to our investigator Jaspreet, she is from India. This week she said "I believed in God until I crashed my car" hahhaha she is very funny. She accidently slammed on the gas (I dont know how) and drove her car into a house. It was crazy. Shes great though.

Also this week I found another generation on Grammys side from Nanny. You can check it out- Ill keep working on it little by little.

On Sunday we were driving in the car and we were talking and I came to this realization. My whole life I thought that I was a member of the church because if I endured my trials well and got through this really hard life I would be exalted and be happy forever after I died. And that we as members of the church were the ones that got that. But on my mission I have realized that that is really incorrect. The Lord is so merciful and we will be surprised how merciful He is. But, the blessings of the Gospel are really actually in this life. the peace and joy and happiness we have because we live the commandments is something no one else has. we are so blessed HERE right here right now. regardless of our trials we have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost to help us get through them. I feel that most everyone will have access to the blessings of the Gospel in the next life, but we are so blessed because we get it here. I dont know maybe that doesn't sound like a big revelation but it was really big for me haha

Thank you for everything. I got the cookies after email last week they were a little old but still delicious so thank you so much. And mom thank you SO much for that letter it came at the perfect time of a stress attack so thank you! It was awesome and I will be sending you a letter today. Dont worry I am doing okay we just have a lot on our shoulders right now. I know we can do its just crazy.

Love you all so much!
Hermana Fischetti

No comments:

Post a Comment