"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Monday, September 30, 2013

It ain't nothing til you call it

Hello !!!!! 

It has been a GREAT week. It started out on the right foot with sister reid and i treating ourselves to clam chowder at the wharf on p day. It was the best, can't wait to take Johnny and Denise there THIS WEEK!!! I am so excited to see them. While we were at the wharf some mid 20s boys invited us to go sailing on their yacht... sadly we had to decline but its good to know at least we still got it..... hahahahahahha

On Thursday we had our sisters retreat and it was a treat. Oh my gosh it was the best day! All the sisters, there are 104 of us (the only mission with more is Temple Square) got together and had workshops and guest speakers it was fantastic. I got some new clothes because we had a clothing exchange so that was exciting. President gave a really great talk also. He talked about this story from the 1940s in the negro baseball league. Three umps were sitting in the dugout talking about how they called strikes- the youngest said, i call it how i see it. the second said, i call it how i feel it, but the third who was in his late 70s was quiet. As he walked out the youngest asked what he thought and he replied "It ain't nothing till you call it." How true is that? When we meet people we can immediately judge them by how they look or the feeling they give, but how we react to them can change their opinion of themselves and the opinion of others... sometimes forever. I thought about some of our investigators coming from really hard backgrounds and if we can look at them with the love the Savior has for them, we can help change their lives. I have seen it happen. I know the miraculous power the atonement holds. But it ain't nothing till you call it. Every time we meet someone we have a decision to make- we can take them as they are right now and nothing will change. Or we can imagine their potential and their divine rights as a daughter or son of God and then their is no stop to what they can do and who they can become. It ain't nothing till you call it. Call it right.

Also at Sisters retreat I had the mission nurse look at my leprosy on my arm because it hasn't been healing very well. She said that it was actually shingles! That is why it hurt so bad. I am very lucky though because it didn't spread down the nerve channel and its actually healing well for shingles. They are caused by stress and I did have a very stressful last transfer. All is well though don't worry. So I am continuing to take good care of it so I don't have any ugly scars. 

After Sisters retreat I went on exchanges with my STL to her area in Gilroy. It was really fun!!!! I love going to new areas and meeting new people. The greatest part though was that we went to this nursing home where an old woman with alzheimers lives. It was a very sad place and usually she is always zonked out. But the day we went she was wide awake! So we got to sing and talk to her. But she kept pointing at Sister Billings tag so she gave it to her. She lifted it to her mouth and I thought oh how sweet shes going to kiss it! NO instead she started to EAT IT. She tried sticking the whole thing in her mouth it was hysterical. So that was a great part of the week. 

On Saturday we went to RS general conference. I LOVED President Monson's words. They were so inspired for the people that were listening. When he stood up to the podium I started to cry, never in my life have I felt the Spirit bear witness to me like that, that he truly is a Prophet of God. I just felt such a strong love and reverence for this man. I am so grateful to have a Prophet on the earth.

That is it for the week!!! I love you all SO MUCH!! Really I do! I can't WAIT to see Johnny this week. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you! I will try really really hard to write letters this week... but we are going to the beach haha

Love always,
Hermana Fischetti 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment