"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Another week in paradise

Hello family!!!

Sorry this is a day late! All the libraries were closed on Labor Day :( Anyways! How is everyone doing? Hope all is well in the real world. It was a tough week because I kept thinking about going back to school and how much fun everyone is having because its the best time of year! Back to school last year was like the best week ever. I hate not being focused so it was a trial. Also it was a tough week because poison oak is taking over my arms and I look like I have leprosy... so thats great. Haha but all is well! Really I love it!

Last night we threw a bonfire for FHE AND IT WAS SO FUN! I will try and have time to send pictures. But a ton of the ward came and it was a blast. The sunset was to die for. I can't believe how lucky I am to be serving in the most beautiful place in the world. Not many missionaries get to have bonfires on the beach for Labor Day. It reminded me of Montauk and all the wonderful memories we have as a family on Labor day.

One of our investigators is getting baptized on September 14!!! We are SO excited for her, she is the greatest ever! I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to help her come closer to Christ. It is the best.

Missions are so great, they really are. The greatest thing is how much we learn and grow. Before my mission I was a total me monster. Everything was about me ... always! And even though I have a long way to go, the mission really teaches you how to lose yourself. Forget about your own needs and own ideas and get to work. It is the Lord's work not ours. I feel blessed to be learning this now because I know how much it will help in the future if I ever get married or stuff.

I read a great talk this AM and in it was the scripture Ezekial 36:26- "I will take away the stony  heart our of your flesh and I will give you an heart of flesh." Then he talked about how some consider the greatest operation is the heart transplant, but sometimes our bodies reject the new heart. But the real miracle operation is what the Lord does to our hearts- the spiritual change of heart. But if we are not doing the daily things to keep it healthy our bodies will reject it. We need to constantly be doing the things that matter, prayer, scripture study and serving those around us.

Anyways, I love you all SO much.
Hermana Fischetti



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment