"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Monday, March 10, 2014

Helloooo!!!!!!!!!!

What a week. First off bragging moment: Hermana Arias and I are leading the mission in invitations for baptism. We are straightup killing it right now. Ok now I am humble and we only did it because the Lord is blessing us SO much. But its been AWESOME. We are working so hard its CRAZY. This week though I had two really cool experiences I wanted to share. We were able to take two of our investigators to the temple this week along with their mom who is a recent convert. The Spirit was so strong when we were in the visitors center I just loved it. I was crying through the whole families are forever video. Oh gosh I am such a baby now but I cant wait to have a family! Seriously! And it just makes me so grateful for the plan of salvation. I just love our family and I love the temple. Then we were walking around outside and I was talking to our investigator S, and she has been pretty cold towards us so we have been kind of unsure. But I was teaching her about baptisms for the dead, and she just turns to me and says I want to be baptized. It was crazy. I just love how the Spirit can touch everyone in different ways. 

Then yesterday at church we were in sunday school, and the teacher was talking about Les Mis. I started really thinking about how its relates to Christ and the atonement and I started to imagine the scene when jean valjean is standing on the wall ripping up his parole paper. And I imagined Christ doing that for me- taking all the wrongs I have ever done and he just rips them up. He takes our lives back for us when we are lost and chained in sin, and allows us to erase our past. There is no need for justice because he paid the price. We don't need to run from the law or wait for our past to sneak up on us. Christ has paid the price, he paid it in full. I am so grateful for Our Savior, Jesus Christ, that loved us enough to give his life. 

I just wish I could explain how much I love being a missionary. It is so hard, and so exhausting and there are certainly days where I want to get a one way ticket to new york but I would never. I love this work. This is truly the work of the Lord. Our Father in Heaven loves his children and has provided a way for us to come closer to Him. We literally have a Prophet of God on earth. Is there any greater blessing? We have been provided the tools we need to be happy, we just need to do it! I know this is the Church of Jesus Christ restored once again on the earth. And even in moments of doubt or confusion, we can pray and the confusion clears and it all makes sense. I love you all go out and work with the missionaries!!!

Hermana Fischetti 

No comments:

Post a Comment