"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Monday, March 17, 2014

Hello family,

First please give my love and condolences to the Derwin Family. I am so heartbroken and sad to hear that news. It is just awful. Please let Anna know that I am thinking of her family and praying for them at this time. I really am truly heartbroken to hear this news, its so sad to hear about young lives being taken. But I do know of a surety that Drew is in peace and is happy. 

Michael, I am so sorry to hear about your back :( You can trust me when I say I know what you are going through! Just rest as much as you can and be patient, and GO TO PHYSICAL THERAPY always do your stretches ok?! I know it is very frustrating and annoying, but be patient and you will be better in no time. I am so sorry to hear that though! At least you will better by summer time and can be having fun, and it doesn't sound like you need to wear a robot back brace so thats great! 

Dad, Congratulations on your new calling! How exciting!! I can't wait to hear all the wonderful things you are going to do for our ward. That is just so great. We are going to have a very busy family! How about the week of November 12 we can all plan on a great big family nap haha 

For us otherwise it was just a normal week. We are having a lot of success with two of our investigators and hopefully they will be baptized really soon. They are progressing well and I love to be able to see them grow their faith. Our Bishop has started a new plan that every presidency in the ward is in charge of one of the 5 lessons in PMG to teach to new members and less actives. The first step is for us as missionaries to teach the ward how to teach the lessons. So Friday night we started with the Sunday School Presidency. It was really awesome. So spiritual and they are so excited to go out and teach it now! I love to see the ward progressing. Spanish wards are really hard because almost all of the members are recent converts of the last 10 years, which is great but no one really knows how to run a ward. So we have been working really hard to help the auxiliaries get more involved in missionary work and in retaining recent converts. we have a huge problem with retention and I think it is because members don't understand visiting'home teaching or fellowshipping, so converts just slip through the cracks. Another great thing that happened this week is we set a baptismal date with the elders investigator danny, we are both teaching him because he needs lots of love. Friday night I was laying in bed thinking about him and what we can do more for him, and it hit me that I am so worried about him because he is exactly like Scott. I had a really overwhelming spiritual experience that part of the reason I came to Yerba Buena was because I would know how to help Danny through his past and help him look into his future. I am really excited to see him be baptized! Otherwise all is well in YB. Life is good! 

Please tell Elder Gamble thank you so much for trying, if I can I will try to get an address- I am bummed it didn't work out because my investigator here is convinced he is ready. I will keep working on it and see if there is anything we can come up with. 

Ok I love you all so much! 

Also mom, one thing I could use. You know those ugly Clarks I bought? well they are the only shoes i wear now because it helps my back a lot, but they are absolutely destroyed, they are coming apart and the leather is gone on the front part of the shoe. So if you could go on 6pm.com and find a pair just like them that are somewhat cute with lots of support that would be awesome. if they are ugly, its ok i will still wear them as long as they aren't expensive. 

Have a great week!

Hermana Fischetti



No comments:

Post a Comment