"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Monday, January 6, 2014

FELIZ ANO NUEVO!!
 
It is officially 2014- WHAT THE QUAN?! How is time going so fast? It is actually unreal. As I have been making my goals for the year it is overwhelming, because I have to complete my goals for my mission along with thinking about what happens the next time I get on a plane. It is crazy. But I am so excited for this year. Our mission goal for baptisms is 1300. If we can baptize like that, it is on South America proportions. We are going to blow California out of the water. So a lot of hard work is ahead, which is good. I really am loving San Jose. The missionaries here are so dedicated and work so so hard. Which is awesome. Seaside will always have a huge part of my heart but I am attached to San Jose. We had an awesome week. First of all we set THREE baptismal dates with a family we met. It was crazy because a few weeks ago we taught them a lesson and it was just so so. Then we couldn't find them for 3 weeks so we were pretty much dropping them. But the other day we kind of stopped by for a last chance lesson and it was so powerful. We are really excited about them, but they didn't come to church but thats ok because next week they will. Our investigator Manuel that came to church last week dropped us because he really loves his friends at his church. Which is sad but oh well. We are teaching 2 kids J and R, and J came to church this week! It was awesome because we got to go to YW with her and everyone was super silent. But we were able to share our testimonies about our loving Heavenly Father and how he helps us and it was so powerful. We are hoping to set a baptismal date with her this week. Otherwise things are moving forward. Transfers are in 2 weeks and there is a chance I could move again but we will see. Mom so glad the wedding went off sounds like it was incredible. And everyone wish Aly Keller CONGRATULATIONS BECAUSE SHE IS GETTING MARRIED!! AHHHHH IM SO EXCITED!!!!!
 
This week in my personal studies I have been really analyzing what it truly means to be a disciple of Christ. So first I was studying Abinadi, man he is so awesome. He didn't get to see any of success. Literally none. Instead he was burned alive because he preached the word of God. He put everything on the alter of sacrifice for the work of the Lord. He even put his life. And because of that if you look at his family tree of missionary work he brought tens of thousands of people to repentance and baptism. Because of him the Nephite army was righteous enough and large enough to withstand the lamanites. If he hadn't converted alma- who then converted his own son and then he helped re convert the sons of mosiah, the nephites would have surely been destroyed. its incredible. So I have really been focusing on what I am willing to put on the alter of sacrifice. To give up and devote myself more fully to the work of the Lord. one of those things is my pride. I know the Lord is not asking me to give my life, but I am asked to give my heart might mind and strength. So part of my new years resolutions is to really develop and become a true disciple of Christ- to become the person He has planned.
 
I love you all so much and hope you have an incredible week! Good luck with everything!
Hermana Fischetti

No comments:

Post a Comment