"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Monday, June 23, 2014

Hey family!!

It was a great week with a lot of time spent with my head in a cake. It was a blast. On Pday we played soccer and the elders brought a cake and then put my face in it. Then at dinner the members did the same thing it was so fun. I am finally fully initiated into latino culture. It was a tough week but a good one. A family we were teaching dropped us and it was really heartbreaking. We are sad but its ok because we know the Lord is preparing more people for us. Also our investigator that wants to get baptized is moving to Modesto today. So thats also a pretty big bummer. We had interviews with President which was exactly what I needed. I have officially decided no looking back that I will be going back to BYU for the winter semester. So I still want to intern for the lady that Bob Martin referred, but I will plan on doing that next summer and I can apply once I get home. I feel good and President helped me with some of my fears of going back to school. I need to get some plans in place but otherwise things will be great. I am going to try applying to be an MTC teacher but if that doesn't work out I will figure something out. Please please please find me a job in new york for the in between job. ill clean toilets but i will not baby sit!!!!!!!!!!!! otherwise all talk of going home is done until im with you in person.

Otherwise the work is moving forward. I absolutely detest being an STL and have had to make some tough calls this week- I think we both feel a little drained spiritually and emotionally so hopefully this week will be full of miracles and joy. One funny thing that happened this week. We had a branch party friday night to celebrate fathers day and a member showed up who is a little crazy and started trashing americans and saying that Hugo Chavez is a god. We were just laughing but THEN he called sister richman fat. And I couldn't control myself I was like Ramon you have to respect us and our culture!! Well I guess he got super offended he told me later that He was not my brother and he told the elders to tell us we are not friends. It was very funny because he does this all the time. Luckily he apologized last night and the drama is behind us but oh gosh it was just so silly. We had 3 investigators at church yesterday which was so awesome. Hopefully Dya and her brother Eduardo will be baptized on July 5. We will see because Eduardo likes going to another church because they play soccer and eat pizza instead of having worship services. Kind of hard to compete with that. Oh well the work goes on love you all lots and lots!! Pray for us and pray for miracles in livermore!

Hermana Fischetti

No comments:

Post a Comment