"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Monday, May 19, 2014

What a week I am not sure even where to begin. This has been the toughest week of my mission, most of the families I have loved and taught since I have been in this area have faced significant trials and I feel like we were run over by a train several times. It has been tough. But at the same time absolutely wonderful because we had zone conference and sisters retreat and i just can't figure out how to balance all of my feelings! 

The week started out pretty tough on monday night with a lesson with an investigator. She is stuck right now pretty deep in addictions to drugs. She was trying to change but has relapsed and has no desire to be baptized anymore. It was really heartbreaking because I have been teaching her for a long time and we were planning on her being baptized this upcoming Saturday. Then on Thursday it was like a bomb went off. One of my most beloved families is facing severe marital problems and its been heartbreaking. Seriously I haven't cried so much in my whole life! We have been working on them getting baptized and then sealed in the temple but for now all that is down the drain. It has been hard especially because the ward isn't doing anything. Then another one of our families was in and out of the hospital and a lot of other stuff going on. And the list just goes on and on. It was definitely a tough day. But it has brought a lot of good because we have finally realized how little our ward is doing and how much more they need to get involved. We had an intense ward counsel where we definitely lit some people on fire and things are going to start changing. The Bishopric is behind us 100% along with the key members of the ward so all is going to get better. So even though its been hard it had to happen for a reason so miracles can start happening in our area. I am sad to leave at this time but I know I have given it my very best and the sisters who are here are going to keep things going.  Luckily, one of our investigator families is still doing super well and brought their brother and sister in law recently from Mexico to church! It was awesome and they are super solid. We are excited to start teaching them on Thursday. One funny thing that happened was everything that happened in church on sunday. the highlight was in relief society we were talking about the Book of Mormon and all of the sudden this hermana just starts talking about how she dreamed there are computers and heaven and she was just so firm "I KNOW THERE ARE COMPUTERS IN HEAVEN" hahahahahahahahaha her and this other hermana got in an argument about it classic spanish ward. oh man yeah so theres this group of hermanas who just get together and talk about their prophetic dreams and then they all share their experiences on fast sunday. its hysterical but our investigators always get super weirded out so there is always a mess to clean up. The joys of being a missionary. Otherwise that is pretty much it. Please pray for us and please tell the sisters to do their visiting teaching. 

That is about it love you all lots. This is my last week in yerba buena, next monday I won't email. So next time I email I will be in my new area!!!

Hermana Fischetti 

No comments:

Post a Comment