"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Monday, February 24, 2014

Hello!
 
This week where to begin...
 
Well on Wednesday I went to the doctor, I got some xrays but they havent called me back so I guess everything is good to go. I am taking gabapentin to help with the nerve pain and it has helped so much. I'm not in pain and I have so much more energy and I am sleeping through the night. It has been an incredible blessing. She also prescribed me a muscle relaxer, so I tried it and it was a disaster. I couldn't keep my eyes open to save my life, I almost fell asleep in a lesson... so I think I am just going to stick with the gabapentin. Also she wants me to go to physical therapy for a few weeks, is that covered by insurance? Can I call them and start going this week? After three weeks if I am still in pain when not on the medication, she will refer me to an orthopedist.
 
Otherwise the greatest part of this week .... I WENT BACK TO SEASIDE!!!! Lidia- Pablo's wife was baptized on Friday night and I was able to get permission to go. It was the most spiritual baptism of my mission. Pablo baptized her and it was so touching. I love them so much. Our purpose here is to help families be together forever and that is what is happening with them. Their children are now all investigating the church with their spouses. The Spanish group is growing rapidly down there because of Pablo. He is the best member missionary on earth. It was such a blessing to be able to see the fruit of our labors. We met Pablo and Lidia for the first time at Analia's wedding. I remember planning it and all the work and exhaustion that went into it, many times we wondered are we supposed to do this? Looking back almost 8 months ago, it is so clear that the Lord had a plan. Ricardo, Analias husband didn't get baptized- but the wedding wasn't for them, it was to bring an entire family into the Gospel. This is His work. It hit me in the baptism how carefully planned our missions are and the Lord knows where we need to be and when for the people that are prepared to be found. It is such an incredible blessing to be a part of this work. I just love the Seaside ward so much, I can't wait to visit it and I can't wait to live there one day haha
 
On Saturday and Sunday we had the opportunity to hear from a member of the Seventy- Elder Aunua at stake conference. He was really cool and very laid back which was awesome because usually when general authorities come everyone is serious and professional. But he brought the Spirit so strong and everyone was laughing and really happy. I loved everything he spoke about. He talked a lot about how we share the Gospel because we want people to have all the same blessings and be able to be together forever. It hit me that sometimes we complicate sharing the Gospel but really its is quite simple.
 
Nothing really else to report on, we got bunk beds this week so that has been fun. Sister Arias has had pink eye so we had to stay in the house for a while yesterday... that wasn't so fun. Otherwise thats it.
 
Love you all so much!
Hermana Fischetti
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment