"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hello family!! What a week we have had! First off, it started on Tuesday with us thinking we were getting emergency transferred because of the gang stuff BUT miracles of miracles we ended up just switching areas with the elders. We feel totally safe now and get to stay in our ward! It has been a blessing. President said he prayed long and hard about what to do, it is really cool to be a part of the revelation process and we know there are specific reasons this happened. Since we've moved areas we have met single woman that need us to teach them and its been so cool- there is a reason why all the drama happened. So now we are basically white washing an area and it has been so much fun.
 
Then on Wednesday we had an incredible lesson with the Bishops daughter. He asked us to work with her because shes been going through a lot right now. It is so cool how the Lord puts us in specific situations to be able to help people that are going through the same things we have been through. She is in the situation I was when I came home from college my freshman year, and it was so cool to be able to talk to her and share scriptures with her that helped me. We are teaching her again tomorrow and I am so excited. I really feel like we can help her a lot and help her to change the path she is on.
 
THEN I got the BEST PACKAGE EVER! Wow thank you mom so much for all your work and thank you everyone for all your sweet notes! I absolutely loved it! All the notes, it just made my week. I was laughing for days. Dad thank you for the suggestion on Alma 50- I love that chapter especially when it talks about it being the happiest time among the Nephites. Obedience is the way to find happiness- no other way!
 
We have also had a miracle of member missionary work- we got 2 new investigators from members. Thats a miracle, it never happens, and when it does they usually get baptized. So we are super pumped about that. Yerba Buena is on fire.
 
Then on Saturday we had the best experience of my whole entire life. Every week we volunteer at a class to help vietnamese people get their citizenship- its hysterical because vietnamese people are the funniest ever. So 3 students got their citizenship this week! very exciting so they took us out to the the nicest pho restaurant in San Jose. It was just the craziest experience, we were celebrities snapping pics like classic asians i just loved it so much. mom also please accept all my friend requests especially those from vietnamese people hahaha have to keep in contact for life. I wish I could explain how funny the dinner was but I really can't so I won't even try. Lets just say it was the best hour of my entire life.
 
After the dinner we went to Noche de Amistad at the ward building and it was so awesome. I remember in Seaside one night playing Soccer and I just felt it, like this is where I belong this is home this is my family. I haven't really felt that yet in Yerba which made me sad, but that night we played all these games and everyone was laughing and singing and dancing and it was just a blast. And I felt it again, like these people are my family too- I promised them before this life I would come find them and I have. Man I love being a missionary.
 
Ok thats all I've got this week! I love you all so much!
 
Hermana Fischetti

No comments:

Post a Comment