"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Monday, August 19, 2013

FIRST OFFICIAL BAPTISM!

WAHOO!!

Pablo, our investigator, was baptized on Saturday. It was the best day of my whole life except when our family was sealed in the Temple! SERIOUSLY! A member sang I like to look for rainbows and everyone was crying. Then Pablo bore his testimony about how he wants his family to join him and everything it was SO spiritual and so great. I feel so so so blessed to get to know him.

Another miracles this week. Chhayana is an investigator of ours that is so awesome. She was recently homeless and is now living with her sister. She has been wanting to know if this is the right path, and the other day she was walking home and saw two white doves fly through the air. Then a few feet down the street she saw a bunch of things in a for free pile. So she looked in a few and saw this white trashbag that had 5 gorgeous new dresses her size! She said it was an answer to her prayers because she feels awkward going to church in pants. The Lord is involved in the details of our lives. So she is really progressing and I just love her SO much!

An investigator we started to teach than passed to the elders was baptized this week too! It was very exciting. He bore his testimony at his baptism and it was so powerful. New members are SO solid its incredible! I wish I had the testimony that they did somedays.

I love this area. I am learning so much and growing in ways I didn't even imagine. One thing our President talked to us about this week was the difference between happiness and fun. Last fall semester I don't think I could have had any more fun than we did. When I get bummed on the mission I think about fall days scooting around or hammocking up the canyon. Those were fun and happy days. But the happiness that the Gospel brings is SO much better. I am sad I won't be at school with everyone, but I have to be here. Because I have to bring this happiness to people that don't already have it. The feelings the Spirit brings is lasting true joy. A fulness of joy. And it is better than anything else we can feel in this life.

The mission is the greatest thing on earth. Really.

Love you all so so much!
Hermana Fischetti





NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment